GREATER WICHITA AREA JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Director of Prospect Development
Wichita State University Foundation
Posted November 19, 2021
The Wichita State University Foundation is excited to begin the search for a Senior Director of Prospect Development. This brand new, strategic position will further the investment in our excellent research team and build new capabilities for the future. The Senior Director will report to our Vice President of Finance and Operations and will lead the Prospect Development team to expand our impact through portfolio development, research, and prioritization.
Our Prospect Development team has deep knowledge of the initiatives of Wichita State University and their work focuses our resources to connect the right donors to the right opportunities at the right time. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to think strategically, influence peers through data storytelling, and move our organization forward with analytic and predictive skills. We welcome candidates who have experience within and beyond higher education who embrace our mission and wish to have a real impact on advancing the future of Wichita State University.
Click here to view the full job description. Please fill out an application, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interests in, and qualifications for, the position by clicking here.
Director of Development for Planned Giving
Wichita State University Foundation
Posted November 19, 2021
The Wichita State University Foundation is looking to hire a talented and experienced individual as a Director of Development for Planned Giving. This position primarily works with philanthropic gifts related to estates, trusts, and other financial avenues for deferred giving. The right person for the job will be enthusiastic and results-oriented, able to connect relationally and strategically with alumni and friends to steward existing planned gift donors and develop new planned gifts to benefit Wichita State University.
Click here for the full job description. Interested? Please fill out an application, submit your resume and cover letter by clicking here. We’ll assess your qualifications and reach out if we see a good fit!
Director of Development
Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School
Posted November 11, 2021
Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School, a fully accredited co-educational diocesan Catholic high school in Wichita, Kansas, is seeking a full time Director of Development. This position will be responsible for leading and managing the school’s fund development program, including an annual fund supporting the school’s operating budget, various fundraising special events, a day of giving, and others. The Director of Development will lead a team of professionals responsible for school communications and marketing, alumni outreach, donor stewardship, and database management. The successful candidate will work closely with the school’s President in the cultivation of key stakeholder relationships and in the advancement of the school’s mission and vision. This position will report to the President of Kapaun Mt. Carmel.
Interested applicants may submit resumes, references and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is November 30, 2021.
Click here to see the full job description.
Director of Development
Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center
Posted November 9, 2021
The Director of Development supports the Great Plains Nature Center mission to inspire stewardship of the natural world through learning experiences. The Director of Development’s role is to develop and implement fundraising plans and events, build and manage membership and donor relationships and provide an ongoing connection between the work of the nature center staff and the Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center Board. Through their work, the Director of Development will enhance the reach and scope of the educational programs and resources the Great Plains Nature Center provides our community and those that visit from outside South-Central Kansas.
The Director of Development will work with all GPNC staff to carry out work as described in the Annual Work Plan approved by the GPNC Steering Committee.
Click here for the full job description.
Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
Posted November 8, 2021
Girl Scouts is a non-partisan, inclusive organization. We are the world’s preeminent leadership
development organization for girls, building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the
world a better place.
The Grants Manager is responsible for identifying, managing, administering and seeking new and
increased funding from foundations, corporations and United Ways through effective prospect research,
development of accurate and persuasive grant proposals, stewardship and recognition of funders and
maintenance of grant tracking systems. This position is also responsible for evaluating and reporting on
Click here to view the full job description.
Director of Sales and Development
Wichita Festivals, Inc.
Posted November 5, 2021
Wichita Festivals, Inc. seeks an excellent relationship builder with experience securing event sponsorships, major gifts, grants, on-site exhibitors, and other support for its large-scale events and other activities. This position also fulfills supporters’ hospitality and other benefits. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is part of a team dedicated to the mission of bringing the Wichita community together in celebration.
Fundraising and/or sales related experience required.
Grant writing background preferred
Ability to travel locally required, occasional evening and weekend work required as needed, especially during events.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, network and motivation.
Submit resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to email@example.com . EOE
Senior Manager, Development
Posted October 27, 2021
Reporting to and in partnership with Envision’s SR. VP, F&MS and the Development Manager, the Senior Manager is responsible for leading and building the development function of the Envision Foundation.
- Broaden the base of donors and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Coordinate with the accounting department to ensure ongoing documentation of pledges and gifts received, and accuracy of reporting on a monthly basis.
- Oversee management of Envision’s signature fundraising events (e.g., Gala, Golf tournaments).
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan including individual giving, grant development, direct mail, special events and employee giving
- Develop donor recognition/appreciation activities and events, creating a culture and practice of expressing gratitude.
- Master and ensure management of the fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing including
- Ensure that pledges and gifts are recorded and acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- Build volunteer group to assist in fundraising activities, special events and other Foundation programs and events.
- Work with Development Manager to identify prospects for major gift solicitations, and prepare proposals for Sr. VP review.
- Provide support to the Sr. VP in identifying and developing strategies, SOPs and KPIs that positively impact and/or improve the Foundation output and viability.
- Participate in planning yearly calendar of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition activities for donors.
- Collaborate as needed to write copy for letters, collateral material, reports, and other items as necessary.
- Oversee efforts for recruitment, development, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
Visit www.envisionus.com for more information and to apply.
Interested in Posting a Job?
The fee to post is $60 for members and $75 for non-members. All posts will be available for 30 days on the website and an email will be sent out on the 10th of each month to our email list (approximately 600 professionals in the development field) as well as featured in our Elevate e-newsletter sent out around the 25th of each month.
Please email Bridget Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org with the job description. A paypal invoice will be sent to you as soon as possible and the job will be posted upon payment. Thank you!